* Two 3-digit LED displays for oxygen saturation and pulse rate
* Red 16-segment LED pulse amplitude display.
* Red LED indicators for low batt, pulse search, high sat, low saturation, high rate, low rate alarms, ECG lost, and audio alarm.
* A C-LOCK ECG synchronization feature enhances pulse signal identification. Trend and event memory records high and low resolution data.
* RS-232 and analog communication ports for interfacing with central monitoring systems, recorders, and computers.
* Automatic self-calibration at start-up, and whenever a new sensor is connected.
* Variable pitch beep for early warning of oxygen saturation changes before alarm limits are exceeded.
* Neonatal or adult default alarm settings.
* Control knob to adjust volume and set alarm limits, and five buttons to select alarm limits and disable audio alarm.
* Rear-panel switches for adult/neonatal alarm settings, analog voltage output range (0–1 V or 0–10 V), analog saturation output scale (0–100% or 50–100%), RS-232 format, baud rate; rear-panel buttons for printing trend and event data, analog full scale output, and analog zero output.
* Select the appropriate NELLCOR sensor and apply it to the patient, following sensor directions for use. Connect the sensor to the patient module.
* Plug the N-200 into a properly grounded AC outlet using a hospital-grade power cord. Alternatively, operate the N-200 on its internal battery.
Turn on the system: switch the ON/STDBY switch to the ON position.
* For C-LOCK ECG synchronization, connect an appropriate ECG signal source to the N-200.
Check alarm limits. If necessary, adjust them to suit the patient’s needs.